Architect in Delaware
James Robert Clark Architect-Planner Inc. is an independently-owned architecture firm that has been serving Delaware, Maryland and Virginia since 1980! With over 30 years of experience, we are confident we can design any commercial or residential building in a cost efficient, tasteful manner. We’re masters of coastal home design, compact home design, commercial office planning and much more.
Design with an Eye for Functionality
At James Robert Clark Architect-Planner Inc., we design buildings that are the pinnacle of practical, yet beautifully alluring in their execution. We take the finesse of unique architectural design in Delaware and pair it with proven concepts that meet the requirements of your building, creating designs that serve the needs of their inhabitants.
We love working with light—both natural and practical interior lighting. This leads our buildings to include more windows, with designs that follow the natural trajectory of the sun. And, we’re also an expert on windows. We consider things like sun exposure, low-e coated window glass and more, planning for vibrant interiors that are protected against unwanted heat gain and excessive glare.
As an experienced architect in Delaware, we’re also very familiar with the need for compact housing and coastal building considerations. A home with too much water infiltration can rot and cause additional issues down the line for the foundation of the home. We plan for this, as well as heating and cooling design, foundation, elevation, and function and purpose of home, to ensure we’re designing a coastal home that will stand up to the elements admirably.
- We’ve been providing residential and commercial architectural services for more than 40 years, even spending 8 years as a lecturer at Boston Architectural College.
- Utilizing natural light is one of our hallmarks and we love to incorporate designs that maximize light exposure, as well as clean interior lighting.
- We specialize in both coastal architecture and compact home design. We can design homes with water mitigation in mind, as well as space utilization maximization.
- For commercial architecture, we specialize in shipping depots and loading docks, but we can also create plans for any other type of building.
- Our team is fully licensed in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, as well as a proud member of our local Board of Appeals.
Merging Form and Function
For a building design that meets your design requirements and maximizes space, contact us for architectural design and planning. We promise results that are unique, appealing and practical.
Get in Touch
- Sussex County, DE
- Dover, DE
- Camden, DE
- Fenwick Island, DE
- Laurel, DE
- Lewes, DE
- Rehoboth Beach. DE
- Bethany Beach, DE
- Georgetown, DE
- Milford, DE
- Harrington, DE
- Seaford, DE
- Ocean City, MD
- Denton, MD
- Federalsburg, MD